I needed something to keep me busy and off this computer so much. Oh but my aching back! I set out to make burp cloths for my grandbabies. Asher is only 2 months so Brit can use them with him for awhile. Lauren is due in August so I have time to make those but since I am a rusty seamstress, I began today. Good thing too! I had to buy, wash and dry then iron all the materials and cloth diapers. I am decorating the diapers with super cute flannel for super cute burp cloths! So far the two I have done are cute. I am so proud of myself today.
Not only did I do the two burp cloths, I sewed patches on my sons’ boy scout shirts. Whew that was a chore and a half. Patches are hard. Especially any on the sleeves and there were a bunch of those.
Here are some pictures. One is of the 2 diapers with decorative stitching. I did one with the zigzag and the other a double row of straight stitches. The other photo is the rest of the cute material I am going to use. I have to give thanks to the following bloggers for their ideas. Barb at A Chelsea Morning for the diaper design and then I found this from Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer. I can’t wait to give some to Brit on Tuesday when they come for a day visit.