Here is today’s project. A lady at church commissioned me to sew a tote bag for her. She wanted a sturdy fabric, lots of pockets and a magnetic closure. I didn’t have a pattern but just adjusted the pattern I have been using for the other purse. The inside pockets are wide and have dividers. One holds a pen. I am very pleased with this bag. I used a cotton duck cloth for the outer shell and a navy weaver’s cloth for the lining.
It’s funny because as I was pinning the outer pieces together, I did not attempt to line up the stripes and in the end, they were perfectly lined up on the bottom! I learned how to do a magnetic closure with this tote. Phil said it looks very professional to him. That feels good.